31 Oct Head of Supply Chain & Product Development
We are currently looking for a Head of Supply Chain & Product Development for our office in Guangzhou, China.
Do you have experience and passion for working with Supply Chain & Product Development? Would you like to take these areas to the next level at PanzerGlass A/S? If yes, then you might be the right candidate for our open position as Head of Supply Chain & Product Development.
In this position, you will have a very central role in our organisation and you will be one-point-of-entry for everything relating to Supply Chain and Product Development. It will be your responsibility that we can deliver our products at the right time, in the right quality, at the best price possible. Moreover, it is also your responsibility that we develop our current products and that we are first movers in relation to new products and features within screen protection.
To excel in the role, you will need to be a strong leader who can set a clear direction and manage all daily operations. Moreover, it is important that you have a strong analytical and process optimisation mind-set, where focus is on creating value and taking ideas from concept to process and implementation. You also need to be able to transform this to your team, and create a strong performance culture with a high sense of urgency and eye for the details.
As a person you are structured, open-minded, creative, hard-working, willing to adapt to an ever-changing environment and set the bar high when it comes to creating results. You thrive in an environment where demands to you, and your team, are high and where sense of urgency is part of the daily work.
If you have what it takes to live up to the above, we offer you a unique opportunity to be part of a fast growing, international company with great team spirit. As a team, we help each other to reach our goals and we strive to be the best in everything we do. At the same time, we focus on living our corporate values: Bring Passion, Be Positive, Have Integrity.
You will be working from our office in Guangzhou, China where the majority of your team is located and you will be reporting directly to our Executive VP, Operations who is located at our HQ in Denmark.
- daily management and operation of our local office and team counting 7 people
- maintain and develop an innovative, high performing, competitive and compliant supply chain
- appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements including: product, packaging and logistics suppliers
- negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, and freight forwarders
- monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements
- develop and implement supply chain management strategies that increase efficiency and speed to market
- manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, and receiving
- develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance etc.
- design and implement a supply chain that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, and/or cost reduction strategies
- monthly visits at our main Chinese manufacturing site
- weekly reporting on P&L, KPIs and key projects
- you have a Master’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- you are fluent in English and Danish both oral and written – preferably also Chinese
- you have 5+ years of experience within the mobile accessories and/or consumer electronics industry from a similar position
- you have experience with Navison
- you have the ability to lead, train and mentor employees on a personal level
- you preferably have a strong network within the mobile accessories and/or consumers electronics industry
- you have strong relationship management skills
- you are able to juggle many different tasks at a time
- you are able to work independently, make good decisions fast, and are not afraid of taking on responsibility
As a person, you:
- have strong leadership skills – and preferably you have led a team in China previously
- have strong Project Management skills and can keep complex projects simple
- have strong Performance Management skills and know how to motivate a team while creating a strong performance culture
- have a strong technical background
- preferably have knowledge about and experience from the screen protection industry
- you have strong strategic thinking skills and can link these to business and effective supply chain
- you have a strong business acumen and the ability to understand new business and products quickly
- you have strong problem solving/analysis skills
- are solution-oriented and see opportunities where others see obstacles
- take pride in creating strong relationships externally as well as internally
- have a positive attitude: no job too big, no job too small
- love a challenge and do not take no for an answer
- a unique opportunity to join an international team
- professional and personal challenges in an international organisation
- professional and highly skilled colleagues who set the bar high
- a working environment where no two days are the same
Questions and application
If you have any questions regarding the position or PanzerGlass please contact Executive Vice President, Operations, Casper Aaen on: +45 3116 3625 or email@example.com.
To apply for the job please send your CV and motivated application by using this link: Apply.
Please put “Supply Chain” in the subject field. Application deadline is 20/11/2017. We will screen candidates as we receive applications and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
Start date: As soon as possible
For a print-friendly version, click here.